The High Courts division is responsible for the management and support of the Courts and Tribunals. The division is headed by the Registrar – High Courts and supported by the Deputy Registrar – Criminal & Civil Court, the Deputy Registrar – Land Court, Deputy Registrar – Land Titles, and the Stenography Services Manager. Eleven (11) Deputy Registrars from the Pa Enua also report to the Registrar – High Courts.
The core deliverables of the division are:
- Supporting the judges, justices of the peace and laymen in court proceedings.
- Scheduling court sittings and managing the jury selection process.
- Coordinating and conducting Meetings of Assembled Owners (MOAO).
- Conducting monthly and special sittings of the Leases Approval Tribunal (LAT).
- Assisting with the management of the Land Agents Registration Board.
- Scheduling Parole Board meetings.
- Conducting and supporting coronial inquiries.
- Managing court processes and applications relating to land, civil, and criminal proceedings, including the Court of Appeal.
- Managing and collecting fines based on Court orders.
- Issuing and enforcing court orders.
- Executing warrants and collection of reparation.
- Managing the land and tribal title registries.
- Administering the Customs Appeal Authority.
- Conducting and supporting complaint inquiries relating to the Prison